Venice Family Clinic is the first choice in health care for over 24,000 low-income, uninsured and homeless families and individuals each year. We offer primary and specialty care, behavioral health, dental and health education to the community.
We are proud to partner with Stouts N’ Staches and be involved in the conversation to raise awareness about men’s health. Venice Family Clinic provides screenings and health education for prostate, colon, lung and skin cancer. Please feel free to visit us at venicefamilyclinic.org to find out more information.
Did you know?
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men in the United States, killing 321,000 men in 2013—that’s 1 in every 4 male deaths. (CDC).
- The cancers that most frequently affect men are prostate, colon, lung, and skin cancers. Knowing about these cancers and how they can be prevented or found early (when they are small and easier to treat) can help save your life.
- Most colon cancers (cancer in the colon and rectum) are found in people age 50 or older. Complete a screening test (colonoscopy) after the age of 50
- The chance of getting prostate cancer goes up as a man gets older. Starting at age 50, it is recommended that men talk to their providers in completing a screening test.
- These are some simple things men can do every day to stay healthy:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Exercise regularly
- Get plenty of rest
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink on a daily basis
- Don’t smoke
- Get a checkup every year